It was a pleasure to return to Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA. Being my third visit, I was fortunate to know the lay of the land and delve right in. This resort embodies what it means to lead a healthy life. Offering numerous exercise classes throughout the day, one can sample a variety of styles of classes. I had the opportunity to try cycling for the first time and absolutely loved it! In addition, they also offer a number of health-related services with a host of onsite medical professionals. Their spa is also fantastic, offering a service for everyone. Finally, the cuisine is delicious while still being healthy. Under every item on the menu are nutrition facts, so you know what you are eating. If you have an allergy or dietary restriction, they are also quite accommodating. I never left a meal feeling too full or not well, and eating is such a key part to one’s health to also support an active lifestyle. Canyon Ranch also has a location in Tucson, AZ and many other “SpaClubs.” If you have the opportunity to visit, I would highly recommend it. You can visit their website here.
Some of my tips:
- Arrive early on the day you check-in so you can make the most of the day.
- Be sure to pack sufficient exercise apparel and loungewear. You will see a lot of Lululemon, so I would suggest purchasing some of their items if you are able. Many dress quite casual for dinner as well in athletic attire and loungewear.
- Visit the boutique…multiple times! They have so many neat things and each time you visit, you’ll find something new.
- Check your choice Canyon Ranch location’s specials before calling to make a reservation. There are some fantastic offerings that you can take advantage of, but you need to know what to ask about before calling. They are also part of “The Leading Hotels of the World,” so if you are a member, there might be some perks!
- Take advantage of the DVD library! I absolutely love coming to Lenox and checking out DVDs. There is a DVD player in your room and it is a pleasure to catch up on new releases or watch old classics.
- Book your services early. A program advisors calls you prior to your stay to help you with this, but make sure you are proactive. Also, there is not a lot to do in the evenings, so I like to book my spa services after dinner.
The centerpiece of the resort, the beautiful Bellefontaine Mansion.
Poncho: Brooks Brothers; Boots: Tory Burch
Looking at the Empire State Building
A Better Look at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
’Tis yet again the season to look back on back-to-school fashion. The halls of schools were filled with styles galore, which did not disappoint.
I am a big fan of overnight oats or oatmeal! They are good for any time of day, not just breakfast. You can make your own by selecting your choice of oats, adding water, milk, etc. and then selecting products of your choice to flavor your oats like chocolate bits, nut butters, coconut, maple syrup, bananas, strawberries, etc. Once you are satisfied, cover your container and pop it in the fridge overnight or for a few hours and voila, you have made overnight oats! There are also many options now for buying pre-packaged overnight oats from your local grocery store. Check the cereal or breakfast aisle! See below for a great instructional video too!
Featured Image Courtesy of Love and Zest
Video Courtesy of Quaker Oats
When you’re at the beach, you really don’t need a clock, or even a calendar for that matter.
Yes, a SWOT analysis. You may be wondering what exactly this is and how it pertains to you…
Well a SWOT analysis is used before starting a business, and before making an investment or even a purchase. It can also be used in a personal context to help you in furthering your career. This analysis is a tool to take a look at a business (or yourself) in depth and examine the internal and external factors.
S – Strengths
W – Weaknesses
O – Opportunities
T – Threats
An evening at the theater was abruptly interrupted when we received the news that a boat had become stuck on the jetty. Upon our arrival to the boardwalk, firemen, police, and lifeguards were underway rescuing the victims trapped in the boat. Once everyone was safely ashore, the crews worked through the night to bring the boat to off the beach so that everything could return to normal the following day. Thank you to all first responders who aided in this rescue.
Photos Courtesy of Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Click here for the full news article.
I’ve decided that one of my most favorite places in Italy is Venice. It really is a city on water: no cars, no buses, just boats and carts. Literally, everything from public transportation (water taxis and vaporettos) to ambulances and fire “boats” to all things commerce is centered around water. The concept itself was hard to grasp coming from a place where cars are a part of everyday life.