It was a pleasure to return to Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA. Being my third visit, I was fortunate to know the lay of the land and delve right in. This resort embodies what it means to lead a healthy life. Offering numerous exercise classes throughout the day, one can sample a variety of styles of classes. I had the opportunity to try cycling for the first time and absolutely loved it! In addition, they also offer a number of health-related services with a host of onsite medical professionals. Their spa is also fantastic, offering a service for everyone. Finally, the cuisine is delicious while still being healthy. Under every item on the menu are nutrition facts, so you know what you are eating. If you have an allergy or dietary restriction, they are also quite accommodating. I never left a meal feeling too full or not well, and eating is such a key part to one’s health to also support an active lifestyle. Canyon Ranch also has a location in Tucson, AZ and many other “SpaClubs.” If you have the opportunity to visit, I would highly recommend it. You can visit their website here.
Some of my tips:
- Arrive early on the day you check-in so you can make the most of the day.
- Be sure to pack sufficient exercise apparel and loungewear. You will see a lot of Lululemon, so I would suggest purchasing some of their items if you are able. Many dress quite casual for dinner as well in athletic attire and loungewear.
- Visit the boutique…multiple times! They have so many neat things and each time you visit, you’ll find something new.
- Check your choice Canyon Ranch location’s specials before calling to make a reservation. There are some fantastic offerings that you can take advantage of, but you need to know what to ask about before calling. They are also part of “The Leading Hotels of the World,” so if you are a member, there might be some perks!
- Take advantage of the DVD library! I absolutely love coming to Lenox and checking out DVDs. There is a DVD player in your room and it is a pleasure to catch up on new releases or watch old classics.
- Book your services early. A program advisors calls you prior to your stay to help you with this, but make sure you are proactive. Also, there is not a lot to do in the evenings, so I like to book my spa services after dinner.
The centerpiece of the resort, the beautiful Bellefontaine Mansion.
I am a big fan of overnight oats or oatmeal! They are good for any time of day, not just breakfast. You can make your own by selecting your choice of oats, adding water, milk, etc. and then selecting products of your choice to flavor your oats like chocolate bits, nut butters, coconut, maple syrup, bananas, strawberries, etc. Once you are satisfied, cover your container and pop it in the fridge overnight or for a few hours and voila, you have made overnight oats! There are also many options now for buying pre-packaged overnight oats from your local grocery store. Check the cereal or breakfast aisle! See below for a great instructional video too!
Featured Image Courtesy of Love and Zest
Video Courtesy of Quaker Oats
When you’re at the beach, you really don’t need a clock, or even a calendar for that matter.
I’ve decided that one of my most favorite places in Italy is Venice. It really is a city on water: no cars, no buses, just boats and carts. Literally, everything from public transportation (water taxis and vaporettos) to ambulances and fire “boats” to all things commerce is centered around water. The concept itself was hard to grasp coming from a place where cars are a part of everyday life.
Premio Dardos means “Prize Darts” in Spanish. The Award recognizes those who transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values through writing.
Thank you to Prynka@MyDiary for nominating me for this award.
Thank you so much to Stephy at Stephysweetbakes for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Her blog is full of delicious and enticing recipes and I recommend everyone checks it out!
While on our trip, I had the pleasure of discovering Bari, Italy. It had a very city-like feel and was home to a university, so it was very much a college town as well. We first traveled to Grotte di Castellana, where we were able to see beautiful caves that were centuries old.
Firstly, thank you so much to The Xandra Chronicles for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Her blog is amazing and she covers so many relatable topics – everyone should check it out!
I can’t believe that my blog has taken off so quickly and I am so grateful to have so many loyal followers, I really appreaciate everyone’s support!
While traveling in Rome, I had the pleasure of sampling some Roman cuisine. While some of the restaurants could be considered tourist traps or simply just what was convenient, it seemed hard to find a bad meal.
Tis the season for summertime treats! But ice cream can often be too heavy and eating dessert out can be expensive. So I’ve tweaked some granita recipes to perfection (at least in my opinion) for when temperatures soar! While some of the combinations may seem a bit peculiar at first, trust me, they blend together quite well. A granita is comparable to a water ice and it originated in Sicily, Italy. It is the perfect summertime treat to cool you off.